Please CLICK HERE
to view the Middle School Bell Schedule.
The use of cell phones will only be allowed in non-classroom settings (passing periods, lunch etc.). Cell phones must be turned off and out of sight during classes. In class use per teacher permission.
There are only a few required school supplies for Middle School students. Students are free to organize their binders, notebooks, etc. in a way that is most productive to him/her. Some students choose to
have one large binder with dividers for every subject, while others choose to have a small binder for each subject. This is up to the individual student. All students WILL need
- NIV Bible
- Some teachers require interactive notebooks
- School Supplies can be pre-ordered. The supply list is found on the MS page of MCA website.
Missions and Outreach
MCA is a very service-minded school and makes community outreach an integral part of our curriculum. We feel it is vital to teach students about servanthood from Scripture, but we also
desire that our students put this knowledge into action by reaching and serving others for Christ.
Community Outreach days: There are Community Outreach Days each year. Each student chooses to serve in one of several locations in the McKinney area. Organizations that we have served in the past include nursing home facilities, the Boys and Girls club, Goodwill, the Food Pantry, Horse Rescue Farm (Princeton), Buckner Shoes, Cornerstone Ministries, Meals on Wheels, 3e Ministry, Samaritan Inn, Chestnut Square, Habitat for Humanity, and various elementary schools. Faculty serves side-by-side with our students and parents are always welcome.
Middle School Chapel is held twice a month and takes place in the Student Life Center. Discipleship Groups are held twice a month in assigned classrooms.
Middle School students are encouraged to try out for the athletic teams offered at MCA. In order to do so, students must be academically eligible and have a current physical form on file. Physical forms are located on the website. Go to “Athletics” and then “Athletic Forms & Resources”. Available sports are:
Track & Field
Track & Field
Middle School students enjoy a class trip each year in the spring semester. These trips focused on bringing the students together, building school spirit and unity, to encourage Christian character and discipleship, along with reinforcing subjects learned in class during the school year. The costs of the trips are included in each student’s tuition. Details and dates will be announced each school year.
- 6th Grade - Outdoor Education trip to Pine Cove in Tyler, TX (This trip takes place the week before Spring Break)
- 7th Grade - Texas History Trip (Dates of this trip vary each year)
- 8th Grade -Science Trip (Dates of this trip vary each year)
Homecoming and the Spring Semi-Formal are the major social events hosted by MCA each year. All events are chaperoned by a group of faculty and administrative representatives. The school establishes acceptable standards for dress, music, and dancing.
Homecoming Week is an exciting, school spirit filled week!
- There are five spirit days where students are encouraged to dress up and show their school spirit. Days in the past have included Pirate Day, Super Hero Day and Twin Day. Friday is Blue and Gold day where students sport their MCA Spirit Wear. MS has regular academic days the entire week.
- Thursday night starts with Volleyball games. Following the games, the Family Tailgate Pep Rally celebration begins at the SLC. Everyone is welcome!
- On Friday, the entire student body turns out for the Middle School Homecoming football game followed by the Varsity football game held at McKinney North under the lights. At half-times, the announcement of the
Homecoming Courts along with the Homecoming King and Queen will be made. The Middle School hosts a casual Homecoming social after the Varsity game.
- Homecoming week concludes on Saturday night when the Upper School Homecoming dance is held. The event is casual.
The Middle School Spring Semi-Formal is for 7th - 8th grade students. Students are NOT permitted to have dates for this event, as MCA desires to create a healthy environment for our younger students as they navigate through the social opportunities that Middle School presents; all students are encouraged to attend. The attire is semi-formal (dresses for girls and dress pants, collared shirt and tie for guys).
Other social activities included week-long activities with Wild Week (during basketball season).