Dual Credit Program

MCA partners with two Christian four year universities to provide biblical worldview college credit courses on the MCA campus. In dual credit courses, students are dually enrolled and concurrently earn high school credit and college credit through successful completion of a course. The grade earned in the course is placed on the student’s college transcript and high school transcript. Our students have the opportunity to earn up to 24 college credit hours through the dual credit program during their junior and senior years.

Students must apply for and gain admission to the college or university and pay the college tuition and related fees in order to enroll in the courses at MCA. Successful dual credit students are independent and self-motivated with proven academic ability in prior courses; much responsibility falls upon the student. Academic prerequisite requirements must be satisfied for placement; courses are assigned honors weight for high school GPA calculation.

MCA's Dual Credit Partner Institutions
John Brown University
LeTourneau University

MCA's Dual Credit Course Offerings
College Algebra  3 credit hours 
Old Testament Survey 3 credit hours
New Testament Survey 3 credit hours 
English Composition I 3 credit hours
English Composition II 3 credit hours
Intro to Public Speaking 3 credit hours
U.S. History I 3 credit hours 
U.S. History II 3 credit hours 

Academic eligibility to apply and enroll includes a combination of satisfactory GPA and test scores from ACT, SAT, PSAT or Aspire. Criteria vary with each institution. You may view the presentation below for current program details.

Students must submit a request for accommodations directly with the college's office of disability services should they need accommodations due to a learning difference, medical condition or other cause. MCA cannot provide accommodations to students in a dual credit course without the approval and direction of the university.  
MCA Partner Institutions' Disability Services Information

MCA's Dual Credit Program Summary:

Transferring Credit

Each college or university makes its own determination of credit they will accept toward degree requirements. Though the dual credit courses offered at MCA are widely accepted for transfer credit, we recommend you visit your prospective college's website and search “course equivalency” or “transfer credit”; use the course number to view the transfer credit policy and equivalent course at their institution. You should also evaluate your degree plan for required and elective course requirements. The college registrar’s office can answer your questions regarding transfer credits and transcripts.

Collin College TransferU tool for searching transfer credit for completed Collin College courses. Dual credit partnership with Collin College ended Fall 2018.

Texas Common Core Numbering System tool for searching the Texas equivalent course number. Enter the institution offering the course and the course number to view the transfer course name at Texas universities.

College Transcript Requests
Transcripts for the college credit must be requested directly from the partner college/university's registrar's office.  

Collin College Transcript Request
John Brown University Transcript Request
LeTourneau University Transcript Request