Dual Credit Program

MCA partners with three higher education institutions to provide college credit courses on the MCA campus. In dual credit courses, students may earn both high school credit and college credit through successful completion of the one course. The grade earned in the course is placed on the student’s college transcript and high school transcript. Our students have the opportunity to earn up to 24 college credit hours through the dual credit program during their junior and senior years.

Students must apply for and gain admission to the college or university and pay the college tuition in order to enroll in the courses at MCA. Successful dual credit students are self-motivated with proven academic ability in prior courses; much responsibility falls upon the student. Academic prerequisite requirements must be satisfied for placement in the courses; the courses are given honors weight in the grade point calculation.

MCA's Dual Credit Partner Institutions
Collin College (ended fall 2018)
John Brown University
LeTourneau University

MCA's Dual Credit Course Offerings
College Algebra  3 credit hours 
Old Testament Survey 3 credit hours
New Testament Survey 3 credit hours 
English Composition I 3 credit hours
English Composition II 3 credit hours
Intro to Public Speaking 3 credit hours
U.S. History I 3 credit hours 
U.S. History II 3 credit hours 

Academic eligibility to apply and enroll includes a combination of satisfactory GPA and test scores from ACT, SAT, PSAT or Aspire. Criteria vary with each institution. You may view the presentation below for current program details.

Students with learning disabilities who enroll in a college (dual credit or otherwise) course must submit a request for accommodations directly with the college's office of disability services. 
MCA Partner Institutions' Disability Services Information

MCA's Dual Credit Program Summary:

Transferring Credit

Each college or university makes it’s own determination of credit they will accept toward degree requirements.  The dual credit courses offered at MCA are widely accepted for transfer credit.  We recommend you visit the website for the college you expect to attend, search “course equivalency” or “transfer credit”; most websites offer a search tool allowing you to enter the course number to view the transfer credit policy and equivalent course at their institution. You may also contact the registrar’s office at the college to request transfer credit information.

Collin College TransferU tool for searching transfer credit for completed Collin College courses

Texas Common Core Numbering System tool for searching the Texas equivalent course number. Enter the institution offering the course and the course number to view the transfer course name at Texas universities.

College Transcript Requests
Transcripts for the college credit must be requested directly from the partner college/university's registrar's office.  

Collin College Transcript Request
John Brown University Transcript Request
LeTourneau University Transcript Request